Welcome friends!

It's easy to feel isolated as a mom, especially when you're on the edge. The edge of the mainstream, the edge of sanity! I am always looking for the best possible way to do things and so my ideas fall way outside the mainstream sometimes. I am earthy, I am patient, I am creative and I am adventurous. So far it's working out okay!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

early mornings

As usual, the boy woke me up during the 5 am hour and proceeded to roll around and wiggle until I got up. We spent the entire day outside. I worked on the website for my pipe dream home-based business while he rode his bike in circles in the driveway and then we took a long walk along the hay fields (oh my allergies!). We watched the farmer planting corn in his big tractor with the fancy planting thing dragging behind it (whatever that’s called!) and we found --- tiny freshwater clams in the mud puddles!

We made our first visit of the summer to our campsite - an area behind the house with a lovely hammock between oak trees and a few fire pits. Nate gathered wood and leaves and we had our first campfire of the season.

I have to pause and express my gratitude for this beautiful place and for the fact that my son gets to grow here and be a boy of nature, a boy of the farm... OH but if only life were as pastoral and sweet as it seems today. It is a lot of the time, but it has its struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment